What Did You Buy Today?

Nothing very special, but, something did arrive today.

Got some NT2R-K313 Top Notch threading inserts for my (3/4") A12-NEL2 bar. Can't believe that it's been over two months since I got that bar. It's been sitting forlorn by the lathe because I had no inserts. Also some 2" OD 4140 annealed drops arrived. Will try to make a couple of machinist jacks from them. I designed some jacks, but, I recall seeing some much nicer designs here. Probably will find a couple of the designs and alter them slightly so I can make them with what I have.
PXL_20230103_165829152.jpgPXL_20230103_165914173.jpg

What did the inserts run you Wobbly ? I know they aren't cheap . :eek:

What did the inserts run you Wobbly ? I know they aren't cheap . :eek:
Found them on the bay at ~ $10 each. $49.95 + free shipping. That's way better than retail, but it was a more expensive than I initially thought they would be. For me, the toughest part was figuring out what handedness the tool bit needed to be. A LH internal bar needs RH bits. Think this was all done to keep the riff-raff like me out of the business... o_O I bought these bits, because it said they were returnable (if I messed up the handedness). I checked one of them and it seemed ok, with the groove in the insert lining up with the clamp. Probably ought to check the others, to make sure they are all correct.

The Kennametal online catalog is confusing to me, and hard to search. You'd think it would be easier to search on thread size that these bits cut, so one could order a range of cutters. So far, I haven't found that list. I think the K-313 will do 7-20 TPI, which is decent. Not sure if they have any tooling for higher TPI.

I didn't buy this, rather I was lent an MT3 reamer, courtesy of @Aukai . It arrived at my house today. Thank you so much! What an awesome place HM is to have such great members who would loan out something like this. Greatly appreciated.
PXL_20230103_221256014.jpg
Need to clean up my tail stock taper. My tail stock has been marking up some of the male tapers, and I don't see anything obvious in there. Hopefully a very light pass will fix this.

Picked up an MT5 live center, two MT adapters, and three carburetor jet drills from Matt here on the forum at a great price. The R8 X 3/4" tool holder on the left, I got on ebay for $20 new. For scale, that's an 1 1/2", 3/4" drive socket behind the The R8 holder. Mike

IMG_20230103_163826173_HDR.jpg

I would love to see the jets you'll be drilling with those! I'm thinking 5000 CID on a single barrel?

REA035041-2.jpg

Back