What Did You Buy Today?

Has anyone noticed that it's difficult to find Vactra 2 in 1 gallon jugs?

At least now I have a lifetime supply... maybe...

McMaster has these 5 gallon buckets for $199.00... Grainger lists them for $204.00... MSC has them priced at $407.00...? That's gotta be a misprint...

-Bear
I've found that MSC is frequently higher than others, but sometimes you can get a bargain (particularly if you're close to a warehouse and that warehouse has what you need so you save on shipping). Also, sometimes they have something in stock somewhere that no one, including the manufacturer, has available.

Lately I check everywhere before ordering something; and if you have an account with Zoro, you get 20% coupons every month and access to short 25% sales.

I've found that MSC is frequently higher than others, but sometimes you can get a bargain (particularly if you're close to a warehouse and that warehouse has what you need so you save on shipping). Also, sometimes they have something in stock somewhere that no one, including the manufacturer, has available.

I've noticed MSC is higher on many things, but 2x the price? That's crazy...

-Bear

Are those shipped prices? Definitely trustworthy vendors.
I just did a quick Amazon search and ‘Duragard Oil’ (2094 ratings?) appears to be able to get it to me for $164.87 free shipping? That's not bad if true…

Mobil - 105480 Vactra No. 2, Way Oil, 5 gal, ISO 68 https://a.co/d/a8VAhsh
No hassle guarantee from Prime is $217…

DA5E8926-DB70-490B-918C-65D463D43989.jpeg

Are those shipped prices? Definitely trustworthy vendors.
I just did a quick Amazon search and ‘Duragard Oil’ (2094 ratings?) appears to be able to get it to me for $164.87 free shipping? That's not bad if true…

Mobil - 105480 Vactra No. 2, Way Oil, 5 gal, ISO 68 https://a.co/d/a8VAhsh
No hassle guarantee from Prime is $217…

No, that wasn't including shipping... but McMaster shipped it for $17... I was going to go pick it up, but the 90 minute round trip drive wasn't worth saving $17 to me...

-Bear

Has anyone noticed that it's difficult to find Vactra 2 in 1 gallon jugs?

View attachment 441983

At least now I have a lifetime supply... maybe...

McMaster has these 5 gallon buckets for $199.00... Grainger lists them for $204.00... MSC has them priced at $407.00...? That's gotta be a misprint...

-Bear
MSC: takes your money and runs their name stands for Mass Stealing Cabal

I ordered the VFD for my new motor for the Clausing (edit: a couple of days ago). Amazon said it would be here on Tues when it showed me the item. I placed the order.
It then said Thursday as a green delivery, and a coupon or credit for music, OR click to still get it Tues. I wanted it Tues, so I clicked Tuesday.
Now it says (after completing the order and seeing if it's on schedule) I won't get it until Thurs and no credit.
That company has destroyed many a small business, and now it's destroying itself. It's a bait and switch company.

Well, figured I'd like a way to listen to my tapes that was portable. mainly so I can re-listen to my therapy recordings whenever and wherever I wanted.

I've got studio monitor headphones, but you're limited to within 5-10 feet of the player.

Cruised ebay and a walkman showed up for 5 bucks plus shipping:

fdhgfdhf.jpg

Non-working. Manufactured 1990. Few light scuffs, but otherwise decent cosmetics.

Like most of us that grew up/through the 80's. I had a walkman. It was just a little older than this one, being one of the original blue models.

While I was contemplating if I wanted to take a chance on it, the seller made an offer of 3 bucks. Heck, I spend more than that on coffee in a day. Shipping kicked it up to 22 bucks US.

Once it gets here, I'll pull it apart and check it over. There's a little battery leak damage on the contacts, but only on the contacts. That the belts have likely turned to goo is a given, but I may wait to order a set until after I've confirmed the belts are actually bad. If they are, it will be a couple new belts and I'll probably replace the ear phone foam (foams are personal hygiene thing for me).

Not a bad price for a little 80's retro tech......now to find out if it can be made functional again.

Belts... I tried a small Sony boom box the other day and it was the belts. I have a bunch of music on tape, and wanted to hear some of the tunes. I tried an oring, but too much tension.. don't know if it's worth order the belts, there's a kit with all different sizes for them.

Back