What Did You Buy Today?

I am in need of some type of cushion under my feet. If you dont mind, I have two questions:

1) Does the stall mat stay in place or does it slide around on the floor at all?
and
2) Do you find that swarf gets embedded in the material or does it brush off?
and
3) Has it shown any wear ie sinking in a high traffic area?
and
4) Are cutting oils and solvents OK on it?

There, just 2 questions..................
Stall mats are pretty tough, and heavy. Basically 3/4" of solid rubber.They are intended for horses to walk on. Lots of weight on a relatively small, hard hoof. Not going to slide, moving them can be challenging. In stall use they can wear in spots where the horse pivots but otherwise hold up well. For people use, they don't wear. But the give under human weight is not as comfortable as the perforated rubber mats intended for human use (obviously that is subjective). The rubber is pretty stiff (similar to car tire), so metal is not going to embed in them easily but it is possible if you keep walking over chips without cleaning. They are susceptable to oil and solvents, not a problem if you wipe things up but I wouldn't leave them there overnight.

Tractor Supply tends to occasionally run discounts on them.

Do you actually have a Stryker Saw?
Or, are you using the term to mean a more common Multi-Tool type oscillating saw?
No, I just have a good Bosch oscillitterydoodad. When I put a disc blade on it, I just call it a striker because I've opened a lot of craniums had a lot of casts removed.
I am in need of some type of cushion under my feet. If you dont mind, I have two questions:

1) Does the stall mat stay in place or does it slide around on the floor at all?
and
2) Do you find that swarf gets embedded in the material or does it brush off?
and
3) Has it shown any wear ie sinking in a high traffic area?
and
4) Are cutting oils and solvents OK on it?

There, just 2 questions..................
Randall covered it in full above. I'd add it's pretty swarf-resistant. I am leery of oil, but I shouldn't be, because it's obviously granular butyl rubber. It's a nice surface, but not quite as nice as an ergonomic mat. I was going for cheap and tough and hopefully easy to clean. But mostly cheap. Full disclosure, wrestling that 4x8 mat into the shop involved a pneumatic tire dolly and a little staircase, and kicked my butt. Thing weighs a lot.
Thank you for that line. I'm going to start using it whether there is a project or not. :big grin:
It is a universal truth!

Many years ago I bought a couple of those horse mats and cut them in half lengthwise and put them in front of my work benches. They have had everything under the sun spilled on them, and seem impervious to it, and they definitely don't move around. The HF mats are much softer, and hold up fairly well for what they are. Mike

Stall mats are pretty tough, and heavy. Basically 3/4" of solid rubber.They are intended for horses to walk on. Lots of weight on a relatively small, hard hoof. Not going to slide, moving them can be challenging. In stall use they can wear in spots where the horse pivots but otherwise hold up well. For people use, they don't wear. But the give under human weight is not as comfortable as the perforated rubber mats intended for human use (obviously that is subjective). The rubber is pretty stiff (similar to car tire), so metal is not going to embed in them easily but it is possible if you keep walking over chips without cleaning. They are susceptable to oil and solvents, not a problem if you wipe things up but I wouldn't leave them there overnight.

Tractor Supply tends to occasionally run discounts on them.

Back