What Did You Buy Today?

was that seller Dave? :)
So No this is from an add I saw on Facebook and I went to look at one thing and turned out he had a bunch of other stuff also and is only 40 mins away . I am going back later this week to hopefully work a deal on a few more things that he has the one that is interesting is the Hardinge speed lathe I don’t know much about them and the one he has looks to be in really good shape and he has a bunch of tooling and 5c collets

I know what the pedal should be used for. Use it to tension a cable inside the post that couples the base to the vise, but leave the cable about 2" longer than it needs to be... when you use the vise, just step on the pedal, and the pedestal will snap to attention. When you're done, release the pedal, and the whole setup collapses to a nice low pile on the ground that you can still park your farm chariot over top of.
View attachment 445623
I remember those days.

I was able to get my K.O. Lee T&CG home today without any issues. The move went super smooth, including the 2-hour drive home.

It came with a TON of attachments, grinding wheels and other items.

Attachments

• PXL_20230424_213244858.jpg
    PXL_20230424_213244858.jpg
    417.2 KB · Views: 33
  • PXL_20230424_235928277.jpg
    PXL_20230424_235928277.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 32
  • PXL_20230425_000725379.jpg
    PXL_20230425_000725379.jpg
    389.6 KB · Views: 34
The previous owner shipped the vise in one box weighing 138 lbs. The vise itself weighs 120 lbs. It was fully assembled except for the base, which I had to install. The Rock Island vise came fully assembled. Both of these vises were delivered by my regular UPS guy in big boxes.

The vise is hanging on some straps right now while I finish welding up a stand for it. I'll measure the pipe jaws when I set it back down. In the meantime, here's a closeup photo I already had. I imagine that the jaw sizes in the C series Reed vises vary with the size of the vise.

3ck.jpg

Last edited:
The previous owner shipped the vise in one box weighing 138 lbs. The vise itself weighs 120 lbs. It was fully assembled except for the base, which I had to install. The Rock Island vise came fully assembled. Both of these vises were delivered by my regular UPS guy in big boxes.

The vise is hanging on some straps right now while I finish welding up a stand for it. I'll measure the pipe jaws when I set it back down. In the meantime, here's a closeup photo I already had. I imagine that the jaw sizes in the C series Reed vises vary with the size of the vise.

View attachment 445682
I have a local aluminum supplier that sells sacrificial jaw pads for many vices. They're probably available in your area as well.

View attachment 445682

Pipe jaws measure 3 3/8" tall x 2 " wide.

Back