What Did You Buy Today?

This seller also has a Horizontal milling machine that he is almost giving away at $250 and it could probably be had for half that

Attachments

• E2C29879-CD62-40F7-BFE6-E664DFB57661.jpeg
    E2C29879-CD62-40F7-BFE6-E664DFB57661.jpeg
    366.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 32154FE4-CF29-44AF-B219-2D842808E7B6.jpeg
    32154FE4-CF29-44AF-B219-2D842808E7B6.jpeg
    361 KB · Views: 48
Did you run out of room? How about this, stack the dryer on top of the washer in the laundry room, and move the mill into the dryer's old spot. Now you've got access to power, and nobody is going to complain about bending over to load and unload the dryer. Just keep the lint balls out of the chip tray, it's a fire hazard.

I can't believe you didn't even offer us an excuse for not dragging the H-mill home too.

Picked up a 0-6” Moore and Wright depth micrometer.
141684ce281cb5657286c2ab1a734ff4.jpg

And a NOS 5” Bison 3-jaw chuck with two piece jaws. $190. Straight out of 1979!
b797490df6f11ba86269905d05a8e988.jpg

Did you run out of room? How about this, stack the dryer on top of the washer in the laundry room, and move the mill into the dryer's old spot. Now you've got access to power, and nobody is going to complain about bending over to load and unload the dryer. Just keep the lint balls out of the chip tray, it's a fire hazard.

I can't believe you didn't even offer us an excuse for not dragging the H-mill home too.

At the very minimum, he could buy an abandoned high school for a gym or an empty shopping/ retail building for more tool room.

I just found out that Penn State Industries now sells hockey pen turning kits. This could be bad, as requests from family are coming in fast, and I only have one mold for custom resin mix colors at a time.
d3adc0146f1c90ff209385dbc4115f4b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

This week, I was 'gifted' another Wilton vise... a coworker gave it to me. There was a couple of different types of eight-legged critters came with it...

20230428_144147.jpg

This is a relatively light-duty vise with 5 inch jaws... aside from being dirty, it appears to be in very good condition. A thorough cleaning and lubricating is coming.

-Bear

Jig Borer Style Indicator Holder, but . . .

I'm confused:

I ordered this six weeks ago from Zoro (my monthly 20% off everything with free shipping purchase). I knew that it had a 6-day lead time, but that was OK – the main reason I bought it was that it was a great price and the arm that goes into the chuck/collet was swappable so I could make whatever size I wanted. Then I got the Out of Stock email, then the email that said if it doesn't come into stock within a week my order would be cancelled. I emailed Customer Service and ask that they not cancel and they said OK, and that they would ask the fulfillment team to follow up with the manufacturer (AMPG, who makes a lot of aftermarket versions of parts). The new day I got the Item Shipped email, so I guess shaking the tree worked.​
But that's not why I'm confused. The box that FedEx dropped off today was sealed with AMPG tape, but the return address was Grainger and the packing slip said Grainger with a Grainger-like part number. But Granger doesn't have that part number, nor does AMPG.​
And now for the amusing part:
Here is how the item arrived (minus the double plastic bags):​
As Received.jpeg
Look closely at the right-hand shaft.​
Now look at the assembled item:​
Assembled.jpeg
Notice the difference (no, not the 1/4" mounting arm that has been inserted!)? While I could have just slide the arm into position, I decided that I would like to tighten the set screw holding it in place, so I had to back the set screw out and turn it around so that the hex end was outwards.​

Other than that minor oversight, the holder is well made (much nicer that the others I have seen [and have]). I also have an Indicol style holder, which is very useful if you don't want to remove/replace tooling to sweep a part, but I prefer this style when I can use it as the DTI can as it is less cumbersome (for me at least) and takes up less space.

Picked up a two old tool boxes, and a 216 Quincy compressor. The boxes are built like tanks compared to modern stuff. Had to do a little straightening, on the drawers. Both will get cleaned up and painted at some point. The angled storage areas in both boxes should work well for tooling after a little reconfiguration. The compressor is a twin to the one I'm using now, but doesn't have the unloader setup. Really nice quiet units that run forever. Mike

IMG_20230425_111738986_HDR.jpgIMG_20230425_111759280_HDR.jpgIMG_20230428_134711781_HDR.jpgIMG_20230428_134901937_HDR.jpg

Back