What Did You Buy Today?

I did not really buy, this was more free than anything. I was at my local trash drop off and a saw these in the metal collection bin. Nice heavy duty 3 shelf cart and a steel drum with a lid and locking color. Last trip I scored a perfectly good 2 drawer file cabinet. I am checking the metal scrap bin now every time I go. stuff.jpg

I dislike hole saws, I have a dedicated R8 arbor that runs true, but the cuts are still very ugly. Sometimes I need slugs from flat plate near a finished size, and I know trepanning could get me there but I've heard it's problematic if the geometry is off. I now have annular cutters 2" to 3" by 1/4s, I just got my Unibore cutters in today (I had the 2" already) 21/4-3".

I dislike hole saws, I have a dedicated R8 arbor that runs true, but the cuts are still very ugly. Sometimes I need slugs from flat plate near a finished size, and I know trepanning could get me there but I've heard it's problematic if the geometry is off. I now have annular cutters 2" to 3" by 1/4s, I just got my Unibore cutters in today (I had the 2" already) 21/4-3".

Another set of tools that I want and do not have any use for them at the moment.... but I want a set of annular cutters!

If using in the mill, you do not need the center drill bit.

Remove it and better slugs

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
Not a drill bit, it's a spring loaded centering pin. With the proper arbor, it pushes the slug out. If the arbor is set up for thru coolant, it also partially/mostly stems the coolant flow until it's depressed.

I take out the center drill with the hole saw on the mill. The kerf for a 21/2" hole saw through 1.00 aluminum is .200, and having to unload the teeth by pecking on a deep cut. The finish cut would take at least another .100, or so to clean up.

I'd leave the center pin in, it allows easier centering on a punch mark, that's one of it purposes along with pushing the slug out.

Ok so here are a few pics there will be many more as you’ll will see I have way more then I have room for will some of this tooling and 5C collets I picked up .also I’m the pic is a DoAll Surface grinder that the seller bough brand new the same for the Hardinge Speed Lathe it came with the compound and I have a bunch of tooling and tool holders and fixtures for the surface grinder. And there is a Bunch of horizontal milling cutter’s and 5C collet stops , and I am going back Toto get all the Bridgeport Tooling and End mills Etc. The list goes on and on I also picked up a Darex drill and Carbide grinder and can’t forget the gauge pin set’s and material racks
He even gave me the shelving
I know I will have multiple of everything once I go thur will be listing stuff to sell !!

Attachments

• B96B633A-9902-4611-8788-B2BC3429F371.jpeg
    B96B633A-9902-4611-8788-B2BC3429F371.jpeg
    305.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 0AA750A7-26E6-4224-BDCD-894FBA2A905D.jpeg
    0AA750A7-26E6-4224-BDCD-894FBA2A905D.jpeg
    233 KB · Views: 37
  • 3D99DA1F-19C7-44F3-9085-A5B9E326BA01.jpeg
    3D99DA1F-19C7-44F3-9085-A5B9E326BA01.jpeg
    317.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 61072EE0-DB51-4BB5-AA4B-5FA7987441DD.jpeg
    61072EE0-DB51-4BB5-AA4B-5FA7987441DD.jpeg
    308.3 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    571 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    359 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    349.2 KB · Views: 37
Ok so here are a few pics there will be many more as you’ll will see I have way more then I have room for will some of this tooling and 5C collets I picked up .also I’m the pic is a DoAll Surface grinder that the seller bough brand new the same for the Hardinge Speed Lathe it came with the compound and I have a bunch of tooling and tool holders and fixtures for the surface grinder. And there is a Bunch of horizontal milling cutter’s and 5C collet stops , and I am going back Toto get all the Bridgeport Tooling and End mills Etc. The list goes on and on I also picked up a Darex drill and Carbide grinder and can’t forget the gauge pin set’s and material racks
He even gave me the shelving
I know I will have multiple of everything once I go thur will be listing stuff to sell !!
Here’s one more from back of my truck.
Of milling cutters and 5C collets

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    302.8 KB · Views: 25
It's such a shame that you're burdened with all that stuff. Having to haul it home, storing it, dealing with the missus. I feel bad for you. Now you have to apply your new capabilities, and that'll be a time suck. Your power bill is going to go up. And you're barely tooled up with your selection of grinding wheels and fixtures. And by throwing that Darex in, he was just trying to see how much time it takes you to sharpen your whole drill collection, too. More to separate you and your time. I don't envy you a bit. No sir.

Back