What Did You Buy Today?

I always liked”sometimes you’re the windshield, sometimes you’re the bug”.

that sux about the pump Mike. I have a spare for my old v twin IR pump. Who knows when either will need help.

I agree it's a shame about the Quincy. I looked at air compressors and contemplated buying at the last couple of auctions but i couldn't hear them run so i passed. As is where is kinda sucks sometimes. Like the quick bid on the R8 collet chuck which i didn't even know it was R8 until after i purchased it. Then i didn't realize it wasn't ER25 until it was pointed out to me. Paying for my education is all.

Couldn't pass these up. I tried. I tried really hard. It covers a lot of what I use for sizes. Will be handy for thread milling, probably for lathe work turning threads, etc. Probably not stuff that will get used all the time, but might be handy here and there.

Honestly, I was regretting my decision until I double checked prices of go-nogo thread gauges on mcmaster. Then I felt a little better. A lot better, actually.
Today.jpg
Some look unused, some are old, some are dirty, and a few are missing, and others have a lot of doubles. But I think for the value of what's here it was worth jumping on. Now I need to get them all cleaned up, and make a divider for the tool box drawer for them.

@dkemppai, I think you will find those extremely useful when you are in a position to do something about it, like changing fit classes of taps. You won't like them so much if you only have one set of drills and taps (or whatever) because you're stuck with what you have, and once you have gauged it, you'll know the real truth.

Y'all know me and I like pulling legs, but I mean it- these are critical tools for fitting parts. The problem is once you check, you'll find things, then you'll have to fix them. Such a slippery slope! I have no doubt that having the gauges will eventually lead to discoveries in producing better fitting threads.

Couldn't pass these up. I tried. I tried really hard.

Honestly, I was regretting my decision until I double checked prices of go-nogo thread gauges on mcmaster. Then I felt a little better. A lot better, actually.

Oh boy do i know that thought process and justification all too well! :)

I'd only own 10% of what i have if i had bought it new.

Picked up this minty M&W 0-6” .001 micrometer.
82ef0843b6d43ad698474e1ad83700ff.jpg

A little bling for my lathe. Golf ball for scale Weights in at a svelte 285 lbs…View attachment 445964
Check my thread here on getting this chuck useable.

Back