What Did You Buy Today?

Slayer was absolutely the worst show I worked with Champaign Sound.

Not a problem with the band itself, but between the promoter, their road manager, and the ten opening acts it was messed up.

It also didn’t help that the promoter had converted the ice cream shop next door into a place to sell beer to minors.

And I used to be in a metal band called Bad Neighbor so there’s that….

John
So next time someone says I'm a Bad Neighbor, I can just tell them I'm in the band???

Recent eBay pickup. I have a one of these sets at my Grizzly G0709 lathe and wanted one for the Clausing also. Necessary, absolutely not. Sometimes is pays to be patient. Full disclosure: I noticed the larger tap handle was missing the fixed anvil when I took it out of the box. Not a tough part to make, but it was in the box on top of the screwdriver. Couple of drops of red Loctite and good to go.

Bruce

Screenshot 2023-06-01 151453.jpg
20230601_141348.jpg
20230601_141407.jpg

I have had that exact same set since around the 1970's. There is a mistake on the drill chart somewhere.

I hit up a couple estate sales last weekend, and made some good finds

These cost me $5, the micrometer is metric, and the dial gauge is a .0001. Sadly, it is missing the lens. But I will keep it in the box as it wont see much use. I also bought a pair of spurs, which turned out to be worth a bit, and they have been moved on to a happy cowboy already.

The second sale was on the last day when I went, and there was a Kennedy that they had originally priced way to high, and were trying to get rid of it full of tooling. So, for $75, I picked this up.

I need another Kennedy 520 like I need another hole in my head, but here is the good stuff that was in it:

I have most of this type of stuff already, so I will move it along, mostly to help pay for any needed tooling in the future. But, who can pass a bargain?

These cost me $5, the micrometer is metric, and the dial gauge is a .0001. Sadly, it is missing the lens. But I will keep it in the box as it wont see much use.
I have most of this type of stuff already, so I will move it along, mostly to help pay for any needed tooling in the future.
Wow! That Starrett dial indicator looks nearly spotless!
If you don't need it I bet you could replace the crystal and sell for a decent profit.
Brian

Got the 12" Mit back from M.R. Tool Repair yesterday.
Gorgeous!!
W/ clean up, new crystal and end stop.
Does not look like the grungy piece I sent him a week ago!!

Attachments

• DSCN8453.JPG
    DSCN8453.JPG
    446.9 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCN8454.JPG
    DSCN8454.JPG
    448.2 KB · Views: 20
Ordered the MLA-18 Filing Machine casting kit with bronze bearing material, hardware and the MLA-8 Indicator/Saddle Stop from Metal Lathe Accessories!!!

The MLA-18 was finally back in stock. Another machine that I do not need but I just find it so beautiful to look at... Would be a challenging project for me, for sure... but I so wanted to have one in my garage...

Back