What Did You Buy Today?

I bought this level for 10 bucks , (I'm pretty sure it is just a paper weight) . I don't really need a level as none of my machines are that sensitive all they need is to sit solid and be bolted down . (they are though , fairly level) I kind of wanted a 4" Starrett level but don't really need one so I couldn't justify the price . This little guy is surprisingly well made . A precision (hinge) at one end and the adjuster at the other . It easily calibrated . The only thing I had to do was lap in the base . I wish I had something to compare it to . Any thoughts ?
Mark .

IMG_1209 by mark westi, on Flickr

I bought this level for 10 bucks , (I'm pretty sure it is just a paper weight) . I don't really need a level as none of my machines are that sensitive all they need is to sit solid and be bolted down . (they are though , fairly level) I kind of wanted a 4" Starrett level but don't really need one so I couldn't justify the price . This little guy is surprisingly well made . A precision (hinge) at one end and the adjuster at the other . It easily calibrated . The only thing I had to do was lap in the base . I wish I had something to compare it to . Any thoughts ?
Mark .

Who cares about accuracy - it’s beautiful. And at $10 a bargain.

Mark .

I learned how to calibrate a level by watching a framer. Surprisingly easy.

Measure something you think is level, then rotate the level 180 degrees and see if it's off the same amount.
Then adjust it back and forth til it reads the same both ways.

You can add some ease by "leveling" your test surface as you go by adding spacers under one end.

I bought a new washer and dryer.

Literally 3 days after I lost my job my washer took a dump. It's a front load washer and the motor smoked. It's done!
I've been doing laundry at my sons house for the last few months.
With the promise of a job starting next month I feel more comfortable taking on the cost of the new units
I've never purchased new washer and dryer before.

They come with a 10 year warranty on the washer motor. Since I do only 1 or 2 loads a week, they should last as long as I do.

6532185_rd[1].jpg6532179_sd[1].jpg

Bought another P&W 3C horizontal bench mill. Yes, I have the knee, table and overarm. I bought this one because the one I have now is a production hand miller and I wanted one with the normal y-axis handle/screw arrangement. I also got a horizontal arbor which I did not have. It was a war production model.

It came with an electric motor and a vfd. The guy also threw in some metrology items and some horizontal milling cutters.

$220, but I had to drive 6 hours round trip to get it. Well worth it.

Attachments

• 0629231756.jpg
    0629231756.jpg
    322.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 0629231757.jpg
    0629231757.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 0629231951.jpg
    0629231951.jpg
    280.6 KB · Views: 25
Getting old sux! This is my 5th time.
View attachment 451757
Had my appointment on Wednesday, 1 small (3mm) polyp. Good to go for another 5 years!

FWIW, my appointment was at 2pm and I was not thrilled about it being so late in the day. It turns out that the later times actually allow you to get some sleep instead of being up all night and rushing to get there. Not being a complete zombie really smoothes out the process as well.

Had my appointment on Wednesday, 1 small (3mm) polyp. Good to go for another 5 years!

FWIW, my appointment was at 2pm and I was not thrilled about it being so late in the day. It turns out that the later times actually allow you to get some sleep instead of being up all night and rushing to get there. Not being a complete zombie really smoothes out the process as well.
No pun intended, right?

FWIW, I have had it done.
It wasn't a fun process but the disturbing part was afterwards when my, obviously gay, doctor said "well, you're not a virgin anymore".

I think it was payback for my prank. I had programmed myself to pretend to have amnesia when I first came out of the general anesthesia. That really shocked the nurse.

I didn't even make it to polyp. I had a nodule. Got two more years til my next one.

Good to hear you had good results.

Back