What Did You Buy Today?

This is what I got from the QC department. As we are being divested there is an excess of uncontrolled equipment. Not in the system. Not to be added. All of the 1-2-3 blocks never used. The SPI bore gauges .8-2” same thing. The 2 6x6x6angle plates were left for dead. Not matched. Starrett 1/2” travel digital indicator.

Then next week I might be getting a rolling work bench.

2dd01bd393668a028a16f6afddb691a0.jpg

f26a73ace883acc66d1ea5c1efc2e31e.jpg

Cutting oil is my blood.
You deserve a big fat...

:you suck:

GREAT SCORE MAN.

More write off stuff from work today. 6”&12” digital calipers. Bit rough on the finish but passed calibration a few months ago. 3 more angle plates. A micrometer holder 2 protractors and the best thing a lift truck. 880 lb capacity.
96cc3a7ea454c1bc5b447afdc075d21c.jpg

cf58a33e13f8eb0cc5eb5a5b28c31591.jpg

Cutting oil is my blood.
You suck so much at this stage that I hate to tell you that...
:you suck:

No pun intended, right?

FWIW, I have had it done.
It wasn't a fun process but the disturbing part was afterwards when my, obviously gay, doctor said "well, you're not a virgin anymore".

I think it was payback for my prank. I had programmed myself to pretend to have amnesia when I first came out of the general anesthesia. That really shocked the nurse.

I didn't even make it to polyp. I had a nodule. Got two more years til my next one.

Good to hear you had good results.
No pun intended at all!

Both parents had cancer, Mom found cervical at 34 and had everything removed to beat it, Dad died at 50 from colon cancer. I started screening when I was 35 and have been scoped every 5 years or so since, I’m 58 now. They have found polyps every visit, all benign so far fortunately.

You should look for a new doctor, that’s an inappropriate and unprofessional comment. There is no reason to make a patient feel even more vulnerable during an uncomfortable procedure!

Good for you for going, sorry for the potentially bad news but at least you found out early!

Yep, a new 252 is $4,300 and a Spoolmatic 30A is $2,000 now :eek: I'm not saying they're not worth it, but ouch...that's a pretty big chunk for anything but commercial uses.
That Millermatic 252 on the auction went for $2500, plus 13% auction fee, plus 10% Sales Tax. It seemed a bit high to me. It gained the last $1500 in the last 15 minutes of the auction.

Inspection appeared to show some hard use with little maintenance.

Maybe next time.

That Millermatic 252 on the auction went for $2500, plus 13% auction fee, plus 10% Sales Tax. It seemed a bit high to me. It gained the last $1500 in the last 15 minutes of the auction.

Inspection appeared to show some hard use with little maintenance.

Maybe next time.
Hold out for a 250 or a 251, same machine with less fanfare!

Got these at a estate sale today. I didn't plan on going anywhere today but I ordered something from home depot that said it was supposed to be delivered on Monday, then I get a notice it will be here the 14th. So I went to my expensive local true value and on the way saw an estate sale sign. When I got there I recognized the place, it was a total junk pile. Cars, farm stuff, trashed mobile home. My kind of place to go treasure hunting.

Got the valve covers for $10. A lady and her daughter were talking about them and she kid said they would make good planter boxes. I couldn't let that happen. One of the cover has a hole cut in it but the other one is good. They are unique for the offset bolt pattern. I believe they on;y fit 55, 56, 57 small blocks. I don't need them, but somebody will.

The jack I got for $40. After I bought the covers the guy asked f I wanted a trans jack then took me to it. For $40 I couldn't say no. I don't really need it, but I will some day right ;)

20230630_145859.jpg

Got these at a estate sale today. I didn't plan on going anywhere today but I ordered something from home depot that said it was supposed to be delivered on Monday, then I get a notice it will be here the 14th. So I went to my expensive local true value and on the way saw an estate sale sign. When I got there I recognized the place, it was a total junk pile. Cars, farm stuff, trashed mobile home. My kind of place to go treasure hunting.

Got the valve covers for $10. A lady and her daughter were talking about them and she kid said they would make good planter boxes. I couldn't let that happen. One of the cover has a hole cut in it but the other one is good. They are unique for the offset bolt pattern. I believe they on;y fit 55, 56, 57 small blocks. I don't need them, but somebody will.

The jack I got for $40. After I bought the covers the guy asked f I wanted a trans jack then took me to it. For $40 I couldn't say no. I don't really need it, but I will some day right ;)

View attachment 452675
Looks more like a motorcycle jack to me... I would have given him 30... but great score anyway.

It's a shame those covers were molested to fit another head. The hole looks like a poor man's attempt at an oil pouring port.
Aside from that, a good welder would be able to fix the bolt holes.
If they're for the years you think, they might be worth a decent penny in the condition they're in.

Back