What Did You Buy Today?

As we always walk a few miles at Oceanside harbor on the weekends, this time there happened to be a small parking lot swap meet....soooo.......I couldn't resist having a look. Found a KD # 385 valve spring compressor, perfect for motorcycles for $1, then a pair of Channel locks #430 for $1, next a funny looking leather pencil holder;) called a Hunter Sure Fit 2200-3....for $8 and last but not least....drum roll please......a Interapid test indicator .0001 resolution Model 312-B3 in the box with all the trimmings, like new....for $10!!! Happy Dance!!! :grin big:

Nice score! That valve spring compressor works well with small engines... I recently got one for a Tecumseh HH100 engine that I am working on...

Leather pencil holder, hahahaha, funny... had to look at it again when I read your post and looked at the photos for the pencil holder, lol...

As we always walk a few miles at Oceanside harbor on the weekends, this time there happened to be a small parking lot swap meet....soooo.......I couldn't resist having a look. Found a KD # 385 valve spring compressor, perfect for motorcycles for $1, then a pair of Channel locks #430 for $1, next a funny looking leather pencil holder;) called a Hunter Sure Fit 2200-3....for $8 and last but not least....drum roll please......a Interapid test indicator .0001 resolution Model 312-B3 in the box with all the trimmings, like new....for $10!!! Happy Dance!!! :grin big:

The $10 indicator earns you a big YOU SUCK!

I'll give you $15 for it... plus shipping!

-Bear

The $10 indicator earns you a big YOU SUCK!

I'll give you $15 for it... plus shipping!

-Bear
I'm still in shock myself:<) ;)

I could use ER40 collets for my birthday next month! Lol great haul!!!

thanks, still organising stuff so I can walk around my garage :) No large ER collets unfortunately. I bid on a few lots but they went way higher than I could justify :(

thanks, still organising stuff so I can walk around my garage :) No large ER collets unfortunately. I bid on a few lots but they went way higher than I could justify :(

LOL How can a guy, who just spent $5K on a car FULL of tooling, justify using the word justify? :laughing:

I'm mentally substituting "get away with".

I blame the label maker thread for this one. http://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/label-maker-recommendations.95809/

I've actually wanted to get an old type embossing Dymo label maker to list the inventory in the compartments of my fire engine, but never get around to it. Out of curiosity I popped over to Ebay, figured there must be a few used ones dirt cheap since they are not popular anymore.

I found this original metal body Dymo label maker from the 1960s with accessories. I never knew they made a metal one, even as a kid in the 1970s they were the kind of cheap plastic type. It had a starting bid of $8.99 so I thought why not and put in $12 which is about the retail price of a new one. Can you believe nobody else bid on it, I guess the Dymo collectors (both of them) already have one. :grin:

I kind of expected there might be some last minute esnipe bids since it comes with all this other stuff, but wasn't terribly surprised that I was the only one interested.

1639417012175.png

I blame the label maker thread for this one. http://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/label-maker-recommendations.95809/

I've actually wanted to get an old type embossing Dymo label maker to list the inventory in the compartments of my fire engine, but never get around to it. Out of curiosity I popped over to Ebay, figured there must be a few used ones dirt cheap since they are not popular anymore.

I found this original metal body Dymo label maker from the 1960s with accessories. I never knew they made a metal one, even as a kid in the 1970s they were the kind of cheap plastic type. It had a starting bid of $8.99 so I thought why not and put in $12 which is about the retail price of a new one. Can you believe nobody else bid on it, I guess the Dymo collectors (both of them) already have one. :grin:

I kind of expected there might be some last minute esnipe bids since it comes with all this other stuff, but wasn't terribly surprised that I was the only one interested.

View attachment 388372
That should go in the Smithsonian.

Back