What Did You Get For Christmas?

My 4.5 dewalt is by far the most universal tool in my shop. It grinds, cuts, sands, buffs, notches, de burrs, wire wheel, etc etc. It's sharpened more drill bits then a few as well

Got a 17 inch Grizzly metal / wood variable speed band saw. got it about a month ago from my wife but it was for Christmas - How did she know what I wanted. (I placed a catalog page in her cookbook, reading material, bathroom, kitchen; just like Ralphie did for his Red Rider Range Model 200 shot BB gun with the compass in the stock). It worked!

My wife asked what I wanted so I circled everything in the enco add that I wanted. I like getting exactly what was asked of me and it's a real joy to open up exactly what you asked for. Be it cheap or expensive is no never mind

My wife asked what I wanted so I circled everything in the enco add that I wanted. I like getting exactly what was asked of me and it's a real joy to open up exactly what you asked for. Be it cheap or expensive is no never mind

Perfect! Back in the day, when our personal economies were more robust, I would take an SPI catalog and place a yellow sticky w/ part number on each page for a wide range of $$$. Exactly as you said, whether $7.50 or $750, it was something that I really wanted and appreciated.

I have the same DRO, Christmas was like yesterday how did you install that in only 1 day? :yikes: cheeseking is a DRO Jedi Knight or something.
LoL-Naw man it came early on 12/9!! Wrapping up display mounting and cable management just today. Spent many hrs on it for sure.

Wife gave me a 20 piece 2 and 4 flute end mill set, a digital depth gauge and laser tachometer!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Our daughter came home for Christmas with our Christmas presents, and my share of the bounty; a wall clock with days on the dial since I tell them since retiring I lost track of the days of the week, and a Hero3 video camera, including a clamp on flex mount, so I can record my projects in the garage.

And for the wife and me, we got lovely T-shirts sporting George Washington University - she got accepted for night time graduate school while maintaining her full time job. Certainly the news about her acceptance to grad school is the best present.

I got a right hand 1/2" insert holder from latheinserts.com. No inserts (whoops - next time I'll make sure those links have plenty of white space between them:lmao:).

And enough cookies and homemade treats to last at least a few weeks ;)

OH. And I finally got my 3D printer delivered (I was a Kickstarter backer... 12 months late) and it's amazing. It is an excellent piece of engineering. It exudes quality and the attention to detail just shows how much care the team put into its design. It is an outstanding value for money. It is so much fun to assemble it and I would recommend it to anyone who appreciates fine engineering.

Back