What Is This Thing I Found?

And now for the REAL answer, it looks to me like a holder for threading dies, the lug drives them and the tapered ID of the end cap adjusts the die for size; the name "acorn die" comes to mind, they were commonly used on turret and screw machines for production threading.

Have you guys been drinking the Kool-Aid? I looked all over for a better state to move to, and gave up after a long search. Must be the money, the climate, and the smiles...
Actually Kool-Aid causes cancer too! Artificial colors! ahahaha I was smart enough to stay away from California, I despise every time I have to got there. Its like going to Seattle or NYC, I just feel dirty when I go there...

That is what I thought too, but what are the slots for?
Actually Kool-Aid causes cancer too! Artificial colors! ahahaha I was smart enough to stay away from California, I despise every time I have to got there. Its like going to Seattle or NYC, I just feel dirty when I go there...
My family has lived here for nearly 175 years now, never noticed feeling dirty -----

That is what I thought too, but what are the slots for?

My family has lived here for nearly 175 years now, never noticed feeling dirty -----
That is like a farmer not smelling the manure...

Wait... I seen something like that before but it was made out of a different materialo_O

edit:
Was looking for a pic of it I took at a auction sale, exactly the same except it was Stainless Steel.
Bob K was pretty close as far as I remember, I asked the guy why Stainless Steel, and he said it was easier to clean and disinfect.
That all I know about that thing.

Last edited:
Definitely something to sell to a hipster on eBay. ;)

That’s why I live in NC

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back