What job did you do today in your shop?

@AlfromNH

Really nice looking shop.

I wish your picture had shown a scaffold and one or two helpers, rather than just a 7 foot stepladder.
It's said that ladders are the most dangerous tool on a construction site.
Please be safe. The alternative is unpleasant.

@AlfromNH

Really nice looking shop.

I wish your picture had shown a scaffold and one or two helpers, rather than just a 7 foot stepladder.
It's said that ladders are the most dangerous tool on a construction site.
Please be safe. The alternative is unpleasant.
Trust me, I wish I could show two or three helpers! Just me and the wife, tho.

Not shown in the pic is the hoist, I can imagine getting 5/8” Sheetrock on a 10’ ceiling without it. I also have a baker’s rack scaffold but it’s not really useful with the hoist in the middle of the action. I’m sure it will be very useful for the taping and mudding process.

Not shown in the pic is the hoist, I can imagine getting 5/8” Sheetrock on a 10’ ceiling without it. I also have a baker’s rack scaffold but it’s not really useful with the hoist in the middle of the action. I’m sure it will be very useful for the taping and mudding process.
Why 5/8 ? Fire code?
I would be tempted to use 1/4” lol
Again other than aesthetics I would probably not have done the ceiling at all?
Nice shop im jealous…… in sharing space with everything in a 12x16 shed

Why 5/8 ? Fire code?
I would be tempted to use 1/4” lol
Again other than aesthetics I would probably not have done the ceiling at all?
Nice shop im jealous…… in sharing space with everything in a 12x16 shed
5/8 is code in boiler/heating room situations. It's good practice for a shop, but not mandated. 1/2 is good enough. 1/4??? what's that? Is that break apart board, floppy board, bendy board, useless board.. imagine 1/4 on a ceiling sagging.

imagine 1/4 on a ceiling sagging.
Add to that it looks like the overhead joists are on 24" centers.
The sheetrock hoists are handy. Been there, wife and I have put up way too much sheetrock.

Add to that it looks like the overhead joists are on 24" centers.

The sheetrock hoists are handy. Been there, wife and I have put up way too much sheetrock.
That’s why I have open joists in the shop portion of the basement and used a drop ceiling in the finished area ;)

Back