Why Did You Choose Your Username And Avatar?

Chazz (Chaz) is a variation of a common abbreviation (Chas) for Charles. While I was "Alex" during my formative years (named for my two Grandfathers, but Charles was much used by my Father's family as he was the next to youngest of nine ergo I was called Alex), I re-invented myself when I started University (was re-invented a word 50 years ago?) and started going by Charlie – if nothing else it was easier than explaining to everyone, "No, I go by my middle name, Alex." When our grandchildren started getting to the age where they understood names, I started using "Chazz" (or Chaz, I answer to either) within the family, and now my wife, daughter and grandkids call me that.

The Avatar? When I first started participating in several forums, I spent some time thinking about both an Avatar & signature: who was I? At least to myself (an expert on me), I was a modern Renaissance Man. However, maybe not to others? Doing a search on "Renaissance Man" brought for several reoccurring names, among them being Plutarch and Leon Alberti. Although Plutarch did not live during the Renaissance, he was likened to an early version of the Renaissance Man; but I couldn't find any images I really liked – this is the best one:

Plutarch.jpg

Now Alberti, there was a true Renaissance Man; it even says so here, and if it's on the Internet, it has to be true:

https://www.thoughtco.com/leon-battista-alberti-1788352

Many of Alberti's interests and accomplishments reminded me of me, so to speak. More importantly, I found an image liked – handsome, disdainful and a full head of hair:

Leon Alberti.jpg

Thinking that "Renaissance Man" was maybe just a little too much, I tempered my signature to show that I am humble (no, really, I am, ask anyone), listing my various interests and adding a description: my profile was complete!

That remark fits in well with the four basic food groups, caffeine, nicotine, sugar, and pizza.

Sugar...nah. Now beer? Yeah BABY!

I taught welding at Rice. As an undergrad for beer money and KEYS to the shop. As a grad student it was instead of grading papers. 8 years...
One class gave me the nickname "weldingrod" didn't really stick, but I liked it

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

Iv'e been watching from the sidelines for some time, this looks like a good spot to join in. I was having a conversation with a friend one day and they asked me what it takes to work with my sons. My answer was that you have to be able to watch paint dry.

Back