Arboga Maskiner EM825

lathes.co.uk is my 1st go to for information on foreign machines. However, i was not aware that they sold manuals. I did see some examples of the original manual, but they were in Swedish.
Have a manual. Not much detail but worth having. Contact me at scottblack2154 at gmail

Another issue I have is the motor wiring. Everything was disconnected when I got it. think I know how to wire the motor and the caps to the drum switch but I’m not sure. There are 8 wires coming out of the motor so it is a bit confusing and the motor is an integral part of the machine so if one blows it up one is in big trouble. There is no date on the machine, just a s/n (98215) and anyway the mfg doesn’t support this model.

Last edited:
I put a vfd on and am just using the hi / low switch. 20211205_173433.jpg

Attachments

• 20211205_173457.jpg
    20211205_173457.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 20211129_100104.jpg
    20211129_100104.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 8
Hey all, yesterday I received an EM825 for my workshop. I got it at a very good price on the understanding that it "didn't turn on".
Everything turns freely, so it seemed llikely a motor or supply issue. The machine is three-phase and has a single-to-three converter included. I did't have time to wire it up at a known-working VFD before leaving for holidays, but I have tested the motor with multimeter.

For those who don't know, it's a 2-speed (multi-winding) motor. With the switch in position #1, I got about 30 ohms between phases and position #2 was 16 ohms. This was tested at the end of the power cable that connects inside the cast iron base. (Cable runs through column)

I suspect the rotary switch (#1/off/#2) is probably in need of a clean as the first time I tested it, I was getting around 200 ohms between phases. After rotating the switch a couple times, the resistances came down.

Anyone have any thoughts or input on this? I'm so keen to have my first proper mill working and am bummed-out I have to wait until the new year to test.
Anyone have some good (or bad) news for me?

Happy holidays
-Dax.

Hey all, yesterday I received an EM825 for my workshop. I got it at a very good price on the understanding that it "didn't turn on".
Everything turns freely, so it seemed llikely a motor or supply issue. The machine is three-phase and has a single-to-three converter included. I did't have time to wire it up at a known-working VFD before leaving for holidays, but I have tested the motor with multimeter.

For those who don't know, it's a 2-speed (multi-winding) motor. With the switch in position #1, I got about 30 ohms between phases and position #2 was 16 ohms. This was tested at the end of the power cable that connects inside the cast iron base. (Cable runs through column)

I suspect the rotary switch (#1/off/#2) is probably in need of a clean as the first time I tested it, I was getting around 200 ohms between phases. After rotating the switch a couple times, the resistances came down.

Anyone have any thoughts or input on this? I'm so keen to have my first proper mill working and am bummed-out I have to wait until the new year to test.
Anyone have some good (or bad) news for me?

Happy holidays
-Dax.
It may be the switch(wishful thinking). Not going to know until you hook it up. If it is the motor, i do not think its standard or easily replaced, by the looks of it. Im actually going to try changing vfd to a older 1Ph to 3Ph ac motor controller on mine.

Attachments

• 20231214_191706.jpg
    20231214_191706.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 5
Back