Cletus' PM-935TS-3PH Mill Log

Thanks for that info. I just got word this morning than my new mill has arrived at PM's warehouse in Pittsburgh. It could be on a truck to me by Monday. I'll start a thread when it gets here.

Here is my temporary, 3D printed Halo Light / Hall RPM sensor. Will machine one out of 6061 aluminum in due course.
Next on the list is bolting the Back-Gear sensor in place, Installing the X and Z power feeds and the DRO Scales. I will most likely make some chips today, just for the hell of it!
So far,so good I think! :laughing:
Halo.jpg

Shars Quill DRO installed (some of you hate it, but I'm really fond of it) :laughing:
EDIT NOTE:
The optimal viewing contrast angle for the LED display, does not coincide with the normal viewing angle when mounted to the quill. Thus,one has to move one's head to attain proper contrst for viewing and also provide some additional lighting in most cases. But it does work well and accurately so (at least mine does).

Shars Quill DRO 2.jpg

Last edited:
I just opened the package with the DRO scales in preparation of installing same. I expected to find hardware included (bolts, washers, cable clamps, shims etc), but there are none in the package. All that's included a few angle brackets.

Worse yet, in my experience you will end up throwing away most of those brackets and making them over.
Hope I’m wrong…

X-Axis power feed installed. That was pretty much uneventful, except I had to make the anticipated aluminum spacer outlined by Clough42 in his excellent video. The spacer was easily executed on my plasma cutter and the two bolt-holes were drilled after transfer punching. This Align kit is very comprehensive as far as parts go.Their instructions of course suck!
X Axis power feed.jpg
X spacer.jpg

Just got the Z-Axis drive installed and it went equally smooth. This is one VERY sexy machine!!!
Z Drive.jpg
Z Stops.jpg

A great install video is here:

Back