Fusion 360 Defunctioning

The comment section of that video certainly provides an insight into how the hobbyists feel about Autodesk's change in tactics. The subscription model just stinks IMHO. Give me a product that I can buy and call mine. With Autocad's recent change of heart, I would not trust them holding all of my work in their cloud.

I agree, I hate cloud based apps. I do not like having to be connected to the Internet to do anything. Everyone is moving to subscription models these days. Microsoft is very rapidly moving that way for there Office products.

On the bright side, I hadn't figured out how to do anything with it anyway. I hate even turning on the Windows computer. I've made it this many years without CAD, and I guess I'll keep doing it the old fashioned way.

I am still confused about the pdf. Can I export a single sheet and then print it like usual? If I need to get a pdf printer program as he suggests will it keep the 1:1 scale that Fusion provides? I have checked this and pdf images print in exact size by default. This is helpful it you use the drawings as templates as I have done on some projects.
Robert

I don't know what operating system you have, but if it's Windows 10 there is a built in option for printing to a pdf. Also, you can print directly from Fusion. No need to export first. You can also download free pdf print programs and select them like you would any other printer. You would have to check the individual settings for whatever program you use for details.

Ted

Got it. I will have to see if the scale holds.
Thanks
Robert

Got it. I will have to see if the scale holds.
Thanks
Robert

In both my Windows 10 print to pdf and PDF Creator (a free PDF print creator) there is an option to choose "Custom Scale" so you can tweak things if they aren't to your liking and/or needs.

Ted

I just found out the hard way that my version of fusion will not work offline. It gives you an error to check your network connection and then shuts down. Is this a part of the new changes? Has anyone else tested this?
Robert

Back