Is this a lot of food?

As an ex chef it used to really get up my nose at all those greedy dumb bastards who would pile their plates up so high they would leave a trail back to their tables and usually not finish what was on the plate.
We would allow as many trips to the buffet as you wanted so why lode the plate so high.
At a lot of buffets here its a fixed price, unlimited visits but if you leave any food on the plate there is a heavy surcharge.

I don't think that's a bad idea. Charge the idiots for being so wastedul. Not solely for economy's sake, even just the waste. I'm no tree hugger, bleeding heart in any respect (I do love animals though). But waste bothers the hell out of me. Maybe as I'm the child of 2 people who went through the depression. It's also just so prideful, in a negative biblical sense.

No trails here but I lile to pile them high. I do eat every last scrap though. Mmmmm o yeah. I'm washing it all down with Sweet Smiles orange (gunk) slices, pringles, and a cherry coke. I make the most of my cheat days. And I WALKED more then a mile round trip to the Dollar General, car was too icy. I doubt I even walked off the sweet smiles.

Last edited:
Went to the buffet. Man who seated me was all smiles. Don't know how I perturbed him last time. I think I'm getting sick of the place. Seemingly nice and clean, well run. But food, good, not great. And no soft serve. I don't eat a lot of desert though. Too many potatoes and shrimp to eat (and I'm getting tires of shrimp).

Went to the buffet. Man who seated me was all smiles. Don't know how I perturbed him last time. I think I'm getting sick of the place. Seemingly nice and clean, well run. But food, good, not great. And no soft serve. I don't eat a lot of desert though. Too many potatoes and shrimp to eat (and I'm getting tires of shrimp).
Im good for buffet maybe 2 times at the same place. Then it all just tastes the same , lol
Shrimp , chicken , steak tips ….all taste the same.

Strangely enough there were these cold chicken bites covered in ranch or maybe juat mayonaise and whatever. Tastiest thing there.

The place I used to go to had cheese wantons. And potato skins to go to war over. That place went downhill for some reason. It may have been the clientel. Plates and plates of crab (which I won't eat). Half of it gets left behind. I think maybe the owners got burnt out. Quality went down. A shame, it was a roomy nice place. Was great even when I was a vej.

O man. Definitely doing something wrong. I'm heavier then ever!

I didn't exactly pound anything over the weekend. I did have a pound cake though.

I've been using light cream in my coffee/s for probably 2 weeks. I'll be going back to half and half. Doesn't make that much difference as far as taste goes.

Buttery potatoes may be the culprit. After I use up this butter, I'll just use catchup. May have to cut down on taters. But man do I get full and bloated lately. It seems natural that your appetite or capacity to pound food stuffs decreases. Some things are more gassy then others I'm sure. Kale (YUCK), butter (I may have a smidgeon of lactose intolerance). Meat is dense. Catsup is very acidic. I'll likely cut back an egg or 2, and less yogurt. Too bloating!. Winter is a weird time to diet anyway.

Wow. You're dropping all the wrong foods. Cream is NOT a problem. Butter is NOT a problem. If you substitute catchup for butter, you might as well just shovel on the sugar. Don't cut back on the eggs - eat more of them and with a good helping of bacon. Yogurt is also fine, as long as it doesn't contain sugar. Potatoes are still a problem. Meat is good for you.

Why did you "have a pound cake"?

Carbohydrates in ALL their forms are the major problem. Read your food labels and freak out at the amount of sugar contained in the product.
Nothing wrong with yogurt (except the awful taste) if its natural unsweetened and no fruit in it.
Most veg grown underground are full of carbs, leafy greens are good, most fruits contain a ton of sugar, do not touch honey, tomatoes are a fruit and contain a lot of sugar.
If the food product is processed in any way it will contain sugar but in other forms such as https://www.verywellfit.com/different-names-for-sugar-2242526
Animal fat in all its forms are fine but not hydrogenated fats/oils, ie margerine

Wow. You're dropping all the wrong foods. Cream is NOT a problem. Butter is NOT a problem. If you substitute catchup for butter, you might as well just shovel on the sugar. Don't cut back on the eggs - eat more of them and with a good helping of bacon. Yogurt is also fine, as long as it doesn't contain sugar. Potatoes are still a problem. Meat is good for you.

Why did you "have a pound cake"?
basically because we use imperial units. I've never heard of much less know where to buy a kilo cake. Maybe somewhere in the eu.

Some sugar is wonderful. You're not going to convert me. I've done this before. Just have been altering things, trying new stuff. Trying too hard I guess. It's just so easy to love taters.

So to reiterate, I'm attempting to follow a diet, with modifications, on which I lost 66 lbs. In 5 1/2 months back in 2016. Clearly if yer fat, a diet consists of *less*. The question is less of what?

Well initially, as I decided I needed to lose weight because any walking I did caused me to get out of breath, I started kind of thinking I'd eat salads and stuff. An acquaintance gave me a box of expired heater meals LOL, as he had some connection with a vfw or something. After a day or 2, I REALLY was enjoying them, the egg things were disgusting initially. But I started adding the included salt. There were 7 or 8 different items in each meal, a juice box, packets of nuts and fruit stuff. Really liked them. Too expensive to buy oitright. I rejected the chicken variety. No idea why.

I needed to adopt something that would be successful. I'd persued a few roll your own diets in the past, mostly with success. But this is what I decided to do. And I think I had already mentioned I started eating twice a day starting in 05 or somewhere. Individual meals were just so damned large.

Breakfast - 2 hard boiled eggs w/salt, 1 quart low fat yogurt, 2 coffees, 20 or 24 oz., 5 sugars, 5 creamers. After a month or so I said I'd cut down to 4 and 4. Subsequently a couple of low calorie seltzer type drinks to keep me full.

Dinner - a large can of chicken, rarely tuna for obvious reasons. A small jar of pickles or olives, sometimes both. A handful or 2 of trail mix, usually the type.with mms. Sometimes a little extra yogurt, 6 - 12 oz.

Now initially I did this 4 days a week. The other 3 I ate whatever I wanted. Not much sweets (cake and candy), not all that disposed to eat stuff like that. I lile the meal more then dessert. Probably 2 or 3 sodas over those 3 days. Pizza galore. Fast food hamburgers and stuff. Whatever.

I went from 312 to 280, 32 lbs. In about 10 weeks. Too fast. It ain't healthy AT ALL to lose weight that fast. You could lose muscle, hair. No need to go that fast. A lb. or 2 a week is my current goal.

Then I noticed the weight didn't seem to come off. I waited a week or 2, no appatent change. I should have continued on for a month to see what would happen. But I became impatient and said I do the diet.all 7 days. Quickly saw the roughly 3.25 lbs. come off every week. And I continued on until I was about 246. I basically.decided.to take a vacation at that point. Quickly it seemed I jumped up 10 lbs. I said what's 10 lbs. to a diet champion like myself! Well I fell off the wagon and the weight crept up further.

Once it's off the hard work actually begins. I tell myself it can be done. You just can't let it go for very long. Bread and cheese is what I've foumd to be most detrimemtal to weight loss.

The items I chose could be easily gotten. There's nothing but ready made crap in these supermarkets. No establishment in existence is conducive to keeping a healthy weight. Something is wrong with this society.

Now as you know it's again yogurt and (4) eggs, (2) hamburgers veggies and (3) potatoes. No mayo on the burgers but I've found ketchup is not a deterrent. At this point butter or taters will habe to go. Or both. I can't see 1 potato with catsup being a huge problem. We'll see. A few months ago, before.my old car blew up (nearly literally), I was doing the eggs/yog/burgers/pickles, it seemed the weight was coming off too fast. And it concerned me. This is 1 reason why I started adding things, to curtail to rapid weight loss.

So right now I just had bfast, had a big coffee earlier. And I'm quite full. I started soft boiling the eggs and theyre just too.good. a quart of yogurt seems a bit much. I'll try to keep it from 24 to 30 oz.

Back