Need help with used pm1030v

I have knowledge about induction heating now that I am thinking the Amazon induction heater 2kw might work on small surfaces if the geometry is tweaked. I will look at it later. Maybe the inductance will not change too much if one flatten the coils.
I really wouldn't bother to try hardening your ways. The reason for it isn't to prevent scratches which don't effect the accuracy of your machine (actually they may hold more oil which isn't a bad thing).

Machine ways are hardened to slow down wear in production environments. In a home shop with a well lubricated machine it can literally outlive several owners.

John

I really wouldn't bother to try hardening your ways. The reason for it isn't to prevent scratches which don't effect the accuracy of your machine (actually they may hold more oil which isn't a bad thing).

Machine ways are hardened to slow down wear in production environments. In a home shop with a well lubricated machine it can literally outlive several owners.

John
Hemmm never though of it.

If I want to start making an axel what do I need apart the lathe and the steady rest I got.

=Tim
Axle for what?

You'll need to decide what material to use and which cutters.

JOhn

Got the 3d printer models ready to be casted and drilled as soon as the mill arrives. But need to make the tubular axle

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    375.5 KB · Views: 26
Tubular axel for feeder auger for chicken coop. 3 meter long
Sounds like mild steel, probably DOM unless worried about corrosion. Then aluminum or stainless.

What features do you need on it?

John

Sounds like mild steel, probably DOM unless worried about corrosion. Then aluminum or stainless.

What features do you need on it?

John
Just on dimensions to slide inside the auger. And to hold a screw/bolt to move the auger. And supports along the way with bushing I guess or ballbearings I don’t know. And of course the timing belt for the motor at one end

It will be dry and protected from elements. I am just lazy and don’t want to go every morning to feed them.

Back