New PM-728V-T Mill

Thanks jimrk for the braket file. Bracket printed fine and mounts to the din rail. Hopefully I have an IPC-5 this week. Having that printed I can almost layout where everything goes in the enclosure. Then I'll order an enclosure.

Thanks jimrk for the braket file. Bracket printed fine and mounts to the din rail. Hopefully I have an IPC-5 this week. Having that printed I can almost layout where everything goes in the enclosure. Then I'll order an enclosure.
Glad to hear. After doing it I got to thinking about heat. I don't think it should be a problem with it vented to the sides. I can put some holes in if you want. Let me know after you get the IPC-5. I used the mounting holes used in the manual so hope they are correct.

Got my NUC yesterday. Its all setup. I had to reload to get rid of Microsoft online login crap. Did the Centroid Bench test and CNC12 install. Everything is great. Clearpath package will be here Friday.

I know Fusion 360 well enough to design components. What I dont know is how to use Centroid's processor in Fusion 360. I really dont know much about selecting tools, Setup to create NC, etc. Really not much about the CNC portion of Fusion 360.

So what I was able to do poorly is the following: created a 3d model, square with 5 hole bolt pattern. Selected manufacture, did post configuration using Centroid, picked a random end mill, did a simulation. It was crude but a good start. Was very cool to watch.

Any suggestions on good videos to refine my adventure into the CNC process?

Got my NUC yesterday. Its all setup. I had to reload to get rid of Microsoft online login crap. Did the Centroid Bench test and CNC12 install. Everything is great. Clearpath package will be here Friday.

I know Fusion 360 well enough to design components. What I dont know is how to use Centroid's processor in Fusion 360. I really dont know much about selecting tools, Setup to create NC, etc. Really not much about the CNC portion of Fusion 360.

So what I was able to do poorly is the following: created a 3d model, square with 5 hole bolt pattern. Selected manufacture, did post configuration using Centroid, picked a random end mill, did a simulation. It was crude but a good start. Was very cool to watch.

Any suggestions on good videos to refine my adventure into the CNC process?
lots out there but I like Lars for both CAD and CAM
(230) Lars Christensen - YouTube

Martycncgarage is good for setup (230) martyscncgarage - YouTube

NYCNC also (230) NYC CNC - YouTube

Greeting all from the NYC!! Hoping everyone is doing well. I’m just a beg beginner enthusiast, just ordered a 728-VT Dec and is waiting on the delivery

Seeking recommendation.... While I’m waiting for the delivery of the 728, I’m contemplating on whether to build a table for the 728 or getting the manufactured stand. If anyone had any experience with this situation please kindly point a fella in the right direction. Greatly appreciate on all opinions

I built a stand. Mainly because of space issues I wanted a chest of drawers under the machine. It is not optimal. If you have the space, go with the factory stand. It does have some storage.
Robert

I'm in the same boat as you. I went for the factory stand after having my last mill mounted on a bench and suffering from quite a bit of vibration. I have to admit, I'm going a bit crazy waiting for the mill to ship! I can't wait to make some chips and I keep buying tooling and stock in anticipation.

I built a stand. Mainly because of space issues I wanted a chest of drawers under the machine. It is not optimal. If you have the space, go with the factory stand. It does have some storage.
Robert
My main concern is the stability of the factory stand. I have tile flooring and will not be able to drill and mount the stand like the OP where they can drill into the cement.

I'm in the same boat as you. I went for the factory stand after having my last mill mounted on a bench and suffering from quite a bit of vibration. I have to admit, I'm going a bit crazy waiting for the mill to ship! I can't wait to make some chips and I keep buying tooling and stock in anticipation.
Matt at PM said that delivery would be from mid to late January..... so it could be any day now. Did you order any accessories with the machine? If you did, they would have to wait till all are available before they ship it out to you.

Back