What Did You Buy Today?

Order through HD website?
As @extropic said, Yes.

Search Columbia Forest Products Project Panel on Home Depot and you'll see the full range (for the free cut panels you'll need to scroll down). Use the filters on the left side of the page and then click on the one you want to get to the individual product page (3/4" 2' x 4' Red Oak in my case), and then click on the "View More Details" link, and then on the CUSTOM CUT YOUR ORDER FOR FREE HERE link and follow the instructions.

After you place your cutting order, you'll be directed back to HD so you can complete the purchase.

Dayton 24” x 36”, 1,000 lbs. capacity dolly, ball bearing swivel wheels in like new condition:

IMG_5972_Radiant_Photo.jpeg IMG_5973_Radiant_Photo.jpeg

Per Grainger, now discontinued:

IMG_5975.jpeg

How much? Well, umm, it was free - a neighbor put it out with the trash. I don’t have a specific need, but at that price it followed me home.

I went to a church rummage sale Saturday, and Tuesday was able to pick up the two storage cabinets I bought for $10.00 apiece. One is a four shelf unit with doors, the other a five drawer lateral file. I use the lateral files for bulky items like power saws, drills, and the like. The shelf units are handy for similar, bulky items that I don't want to lift out of a drawer. This one has shelves mounted on ball bearing slides, since it originally held suspended files. The supports for the hanging files are easily removed, so access is excellent.
Lateral File.jpg
Four Shelf Unit.jpg
The duct tape is just to keep the shelves from sliding out while moving.

Saturday I attended an estate sale of an hoarder. I found a few interesting items, some of which were in drawers of three 11-drawer card files that had come from the local County Tax Office. They were asking $150.00 each for these cabinets, which was pretty steep.

I went to the monthly flea market Sunday morning, and on the way home stopped by the estate sale, which was on its last day. I offered $150.00 for all three cabinets, with what was left in them at the end of the day. They took my offer, and helped load them after the sale closed.

One cabinet is different in design and color, but has the same dimensions and the double drawer bins remove while the slides are still attached to the front panel. There is a latch on each drawer, so they don't slide out when moving. It would be perfect for a mobile installation.
Green Card File.jpg
The other two units match each other and are Remington Rand brand. The dual bins remove from the slides and have the front panels attached. There is no latch mechanism, so these are good for stationary use only. I have a matching unit already (different manufacturer, but size and design are identical) that I find extremely useful, so these two will be right at home in my shop.
Gray Card Files.jpg
We removed all the drawers/bins to move the cabinets. They are really heavily built. There was quite a bit of stuff left in the drawers. I have found some goodies (collectible tools, useful supplies, etc.) and some stuff that will be easy to find homes for. There is some garbage and steel scrap, but not a whole lot. I've already done some sorting and have cleaned out six more bins from the green unit.
Contents 1.jpg
Contents 2.jpg
The upper pallet is from the green cabinet, and the lower pallet is from the two gray ones. I will be doing triage most of the winter!

Just picked up this small lot this morning. All of the indicators function just a bit gummy. So they will be getting a service. The mic is fine also. So a service as well

As for the height gage it is stuck. So this will be a bit more involved.

All for $120. I need the Compac and the 1/8” travel for work. The other stuff I will use at home.
82ab1dbfbcf9330cad7a7c9cbaf50ba2.jpg

a8ffa36859e67f7d5cab5b7e4c83ae10.jpg

Cutting oil is my blood.

Got these on Freecycle.
Was going to use the flooring for a future project, apothecary type storage for my son, in a year or so, but they turned out to have padding. So I don't feel like stripping the padding, I'm sure it doesn't come off easily. So they may wind up under my feet by my machines, I have hard rubber interlocking pads, but they are hard to clean and they don't like oil, the bubble up with oil. So this may make a nice solution to hard concrete.

These tools were from another freecycler, when I saw the kant twist and calipers I wanted them, turns out the monkey wrench is an 18" which is bigger than my two 13" so I'll give my son one of my 13's and keep the 18.. Not that I need it, but he'll get it when I die anyway if he wants it.
I'm going to pass on the clamp, the tin snips, the brace augers, egg beaters, and the Ford style wrench.
PXL_20231008_215003517.jpgtools.jpg

Last edited:
A client of mine was srapping their electric forklift. Everything works and it has a side shafter that I don't have on my other lifts so I took it hoping to find a replacement battery or rehab the old one. All the cells but one test >2v, and one is at 1.85v. I may take a couple hundred $ risk and try some Battery Chem on it or see if replacing one or two cells gives me enough life. I don't need to run it for more than an hour or two at a time.

My other two are an old Towmotor that can lift 7500 lbs and a little 2500lb gas hyster that I can transport with the trailer if I need to use it for another machine. The Toyota electric ended up heavier than I expected and if I had gone much farther than the 15 miles I needed, bad things probably would have happened.

Dave

Attachments

• DSCN4490.JPG
    DSCN4490.JPG
    228.6 KB · Views: 30
  • DSCN4491.JPG
    DSCN4491.JPG
    235.9 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCN4492.JPG
    DSCN4492.JPG
    239.3 KB · Views: 31
Back