What Did You Buy Today?

The little hyster is a Monotrol. It has one pedal for forward and reverse depending on which side of the pedal you push. Lots of fumes make inside use pretty grim though. Dave

The old south bend is home. Well, at leas it's in the garage. It's raining so don't want to haul it around outside in the weather today. Prefer to keep it dry. At $250, it won't tie up much funding. Other than the last 12" of bed (where the's a slight bit of surface rust), the ways look really good. everything that needs to be functional, appears to be in pretty good shape all things considered. Now I just need to learn more about this old hunk of iron.

SB1.jpgSB2.jpgSB3.jpgSB4.jpg

I'm guessing the Cullman Wheel Co made an add-on drive for what would have been a line driven lathe. Based on what I'm seeing this is a early to mid 1940's south bend, but the labeling on the drive makes me think that was purchased separately at some point. Maybe even later on.

If anyone has a link to literature for an old machine like this, or the Cullman wheel company, I wouldn't mind reading up on it as time permits.

Last edited:
New lathe! Warco GH600. I’m a very happy man

8f9e00372d6333a6111da0ef3eaf23c6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Ben17484
Congratulations on the new lathe.

What is the function of the collection of parts attached on the operator side of the compound slide? I don't recognize that.

• Wow
Reactions: rwm
@Ben17484
Congratulations on the new lathe.

What is the function of the collection of parts attached on the operator side of the compound slide? I don't recognize that.
It looks to be a mount for a chip shield.

Bruce

P.s. I googled "warco gh600" and went to their site. The compound takes a turret style tool holder. Looks like the chip shield can slide on the compound some and flip back out of the way.

Last edited:
Back