What Did You Buy Today?

I have figured out it's a sine plate, and it seems more complex than I thought, but there are no manufacturing marks to see where it came from. All of the deck holes are drilled, and tapped, there are set screws on the hinges that are positive lock, not friction stop. One detachable rail has B&S stamped on it, and another MS is on the inside deck. The only other marks are on ground in pads with owners name in it. Under the hinge area there are screw/bolt threads visible that I have not figured out yet too. Here are some pictures, and the ad, any ideas?

Sine plates are cool

I have figured out it's a sine plate, and it seems more complex than I thought, but there are no manufacturing marks to see where it came from. All of the deck holes are drilled, and tapped, there are set screws on the hinges that are positive lock, not friction stop. One detachable rail has B&S stamped on it, and another MS is on the inside deck. The only other marks are on ground in pads with owners name in it. Under the hinge area there are screw/bolt threads visible that I have not figured out yet too. Here are some pictures, and the ad, any ideas?

You can send it to me i will figure it out:einstein:

I had figured this would have been 'unobtainium'... but then I stumbled across one...

20211112_163046.jpg

It is the moveable jaw for a Covel/ Craftsman power hacksaw. It's very common to see these saws with this piece broken or missing... it was missing from my saw.

This one showed up on ebay the other day... I had been looking for one for 6 months. I probably paid too much, but when you need that *one* piece to finish a project... well, enough said...

-Bear

This one showed up on ebay the other day... I had been looking for one for 6 months. I probably paid too much, but when you need that *one* piece to finish a project... well, enough said...

....but you hafta have done all the research to know what it is when you see it!

Congratulations!

-brino

Been doing some plumbing and irrigation work, I have been using the old style pipe wrenches/Adjustable Wrenches/Channellocks that never seem big enough for some of my recent work. The Knipex versions have a wider clamping range, and Zoro frequently sends me a 20% discount on hand tools which included the Knipex tools (best price I could find). So after months of procrastination, I finally decide to spring for 3 piece set of their Cobra adjustable pliers, a 16" Cobra adjustable water pump pliers and 16" adjustable wrench. The latter two 16" pliers are quite big. They all seem to be very well made and have fine adjustments for setting the jaw size, now to get them dirty.
Knipex Pliers.jpg

I have a smaller version of the first one on the left…. It is great. It is part of my motorcycle toolkit.

I have the set with the three larger ones on my public wishlist…. To see if I get it for Christmas!!

Somthing for the mill, when ever it gets here!
35ce63f59a7b02a9558b4e9d12643e92.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Got these two at auction yesterday.
An anvil of unusual size.
CE5C90F7-5BEE-42FD-925A-18AE398BF579.jpeg
it came as a lot with a little vise.
01BB125B-2BDB-4D88-9916-3A9FD6D51112.jpeg
The swivel base is marked “Made in Japan.” It may have a date stamp somewhere but I haven’t found it. Here’s the model ID.

8A74E41D-0147-4550-ABC0-A315322CE611.jpeg
Very smooth operation, looks like original paint. Built like a tank, but not as light.
My wife suggests the anvil would be good for making horseshoes for mice.
At $35 for both I’m not feeling too ripped off.

it could be a sample of a full size anvil, maybe a jewlers anvil, or maybe someone made it for a gift.

Back