What Did You Buy Today?

I used to use Rapid Tap. Never noticed any discoloration at all and it worked well, but smoked and stank
badly which is why I stopped using it. Never needed to clean it up though.

This week i got my cabinet from walmart. Seems pretty heavy duty and it was more then half off so i couldn’t resist. 8E7F0E2D-84C8-4270-A7A9-31D9BFB00986.png
Then last night when i went shopping ive been looking at getting a bigger shopvac but smallerr then what my dads was. Hart has a 8 gal one with a 6HP motor and my dads was a 6.25HP motor with a 16 gal bucket. The bigger takes up to much space. So when i went shopping i saw the tag said 76$ but they are usually 90$. Slo we took a picture of the be tag and a shop vac and went to check out. Low and behold they scan it and it comes up 90$ so we show them the picture and got it for 76$ after we had a couple of words.D92E3228-26E8-4D42-B491-9214A35F289B.png

Although it was ordered in July, my new 5 process welder arrived yesterday. YesWelder MP200. It does Flux-Core wire welding, Stick, TIG, MIG, and Plasma Cutting. It will compliment my other two welders in the shop. I previously did not have the ability to plasma cut.

Although it was ordered in July, my new 5 process welder arrived yesterday. YesWelder MP200.
I'd love some feedback on it when you've had a chance to test it out.
-brino

I'd love some feedback on it when you've had a chance to test it out.
-brino
I will be happy to give some feedback on it (when I have a few hours on it). I got it under the "kickstarter promotion", and only paid about $500. Now they are around $915.
I have welded for a while now (I have two other welders). But, my step-son is attending welding school, and I wanted to encourage him to stay on his path, so I got the welder for him. It does have the auto-configuration feature for MIG welding, you tell it the thickness of your wire, and wire type, and the thickness of the metal you are welding, and it will auto-set to the settings required for the weld. This is a great feature for a novice welder to learn with.

One of my co-workers brought me this this morning...

20211221_084537.jpg

20211221_084546.jpg

20211221_084600.jpg

It's a Delta Milwaukee 12 inch disc sander. Several years ago, this was in the shop at work... I've used it a few times. Someone managed to break the table trunnions, so the company scrapped it. My co-worker bought it from the company and replaced the trunnions, but never used it.

I'm assuming it still runs... but I don't know... I'll have to wire it up and see if it will. I'll start a thread about that...

-Bear

On Sunday at my local used tool place I found an interesting pair of old pliers.
pliers1.jpg

pliers2.jpg

pliers3.jpg

The handles can swing a full 360 degrees "inside-out" to provide a two sets of jaws.
jaws1.jpg

jaws2.jpg

I was thinking they were a blacksmiths heading tool, but once home I looked up the Klein part number and found this:
1640270655973.png

and apparently it's a "Combination Wire and Sleeve Clamp"

They should come in very handy!

-brino

Back