What Did You Buy Today?

Thursday I bought a new left shoulder ( depending on what my deductible ends up being). Chromed cobalt ball and some sort of plastic socket.
I've had both shoulders rebuilt, but not replaced. Hope you end up a little better than me. One back in 1990 I think, the other in 94 maybe.

I’m posting here so maybe @rgetso ‘gets-o’ :grin:little more exposure. My three speed handles are beautifully machined and fit my vises perfectly. I was amazed at how quickly he got them to me. I believe he had the two hex ones in stock as they are common sizes for the GMT and Kurt, but he had to program the one for my unknown made 6” with a square nut. I couldn’t be more pleased! Thanks again Richard and keep up the great work!

Edit: adding Richard's eBay link. You may have to scroll down a bit to see is store.

1EB20734-915E-4F04-A5B4-908AE804A236.jpeg

Last edited:
I just spent $375 at the steelyard.

*Each* of these 3/8” plates was $101, eleven holes made in the plate on their Piranha ironworker was $55 dollars, four 28” lengths of 2” X 2”, 1/4” wall angle iron was $91, & the Grade 8 hardware was $17.

This is for a fixture stand (and bench vise!) base which is bolted to the concrete. The base needs to be very strong.

EBD46A98-93BF-4ED1-AA65-F4C3C6F00EFE.jpeg
5A2AE9A3-44B1-426B-A096-BE8B57B06B35.jpeg

I just spent $375 at the steelyard.

*Each* of these 3/8” plates was $101, eleven holes made in the plate on their Piranha ironworker was $55 dollars, four 28” lengths of 2” X 2”, 1/4” wall angle iron was $91, & the Grade 8 hardware was $17.

This is for a fixture stand (and bench vise!) base which is bolted to the concrete. The base needs to be very strong.

View attachment 404055
View attachment 404054
I would have saved the drilling costs. That $55 could go to a lot more things... I can't imagine you couldn't do that. How much time do you think it save you?

I would have saved the drilling costs. That $55 could go to a lot more things... I can't imagine you couldn't do that. How much time do you think it save you?
My Dad just gave me a huge drill (see photo). I used this drill to slightly expand 3 holes in 1/4” plate the other day, and this was a very grueling 15 minutes to expand all 3 holes.

I do okay when I can get the material to be drilled in the mill. I do not have a drill press. Using a handheld drill, even a large one, is tough because the bit gets stuck & twists & hurts me. If I sprain or fracture my wrist, I would suffer up to $20,000 in lost income.

image.jpg

Back