What Did You Buy Today?

I have a full compliment of Albrecht chucks, bought decades ago, so I wasn't familiar with current prices.
When I read $204, I thought "That sounds steep", So I looked them up.

OMG!
No kidding ! o_O Things are getting expensive lately .

I hope someone soon posts a 14" Republic lathe on here that he purchased ! :grin: ( I have an interested party coming Sat to look at mine for sale )

Along with the lathe , the mill is already spoken for , which means I may be able to almost walk thru the garage once again . :encourage:

I got a house for the #226-3:

226-3 New Case.jpg
I did have to notch the foam for the ratchet as this case was intended for a plain thimble.

The case was new on eBay but described as having broken tabs/surplus to Starrett's requirements. At $12 I was ok with this, but when it arrived the Seller had labels showing where to press to open & the tabs were fine (you can see where I marked the edge of the case at the lower tab to remind me where to press). In subsequent messages with the Seller he said that he must have damaged 6 of them trying to get them open, but all the ones he had left were perfect – he just didn't want any issues if someone broke one. If you need a case for a 3" mic I can recommend this one.

Attachments

• 226-3 New Case.jpg
    226-3 New Case.jpg
    903.1 KB · Views: 8
Got a couple of good deals on Craigslist today. Involved 500+ miles round trip. I think it was worth it. Both have been on the short list for a while.

1675989251444.png

36 x 48 x 6.75” granite surface plate on a stand. It weighs 1200 or more pounds. Truck did great with the load in the bed. I tied it down every way I could come up with. Trip home went without incident. The Tow/Haul mode on the 10 speed F150 makes stuff like this so much more enjoyable.

It came with this sweet Starrett cover, too!

1675989290892.png

While I was on the wet side I also picked this guy up:

1675989317811.png

1995 vintage Yuasa 220mm rotary axis. I’ll change the motor out and matching drive so I can run it as a fourth axis on the Tree milling machine. This will make one of my parts turn out a lot better. I make it in four different sizes. This will see some immediate use when it’s up and running. Based on the conversation with the seller and the photos I had a hunch it was new and just shuffled around shops and what not.

Pulled the motor cover when I got it in the shop and this is what I found.

1675989331329.png

It’s mint! This was a great deal.

All in all a good haul for very fair prices. Now to get the servo and drive coming.

Not purchased but I did get a headache at work today . :rolleyes: This just can not continue on . 30 people checking out charts and graphs all day while 2 mechanics have to keep the plant running ? Come on , the obvious answer is to hire 20 more chart and graph readers to tell us how to keep things running . This is really disturbing , to the point where I won't keep my my mouth shut . My 5 years is in in 2 weeks , let me get past there and really you can do what you want . :surrender:

sometimes management can't see the forest for the trees. Ok not sometimes, usually. Glad I am done with that Sh*t
Not purchased but I did get a headache at work today . :rolleyes: This just can not continue on . 30 people checking out charts and graphs all day while 2 mechanics have to keep the plant running ? Come on , the obvious answer is to hire 20 more chart and graph readers to tell us how to keep things running . This is really disturbing , to the point where I won't keep my my mouth shut . My 5 years is in in 2 weeks , let me get past there and really you can do what you want . :surrender:

Purchased a Starrett Pin Punch Set.

Interestingly, the diameters on the punches are undersized as to how they are marked. For example, the one marked "1/4" 6mm" is neither. I measure it to be 0.239". I assume this is intentional???

IMG_6366.jpg

Back