What Did You Buy Today?

Yesterday day I picked up my new to me and very first mill. It’s an Index 55.
I’ll have a million questions about n the future. It is sitting in the front of my shop awaiting a good cleaning before being rolled in to position.
It came with some sort of collet Chuck but not have no idea what collets it takes?

Attachments

• 9E3B1856-1692-4D1E-A898-99D439E02F26.jpeg
    9E3B1856-1692-4D1E-A898-99D439E02F26.jpeg
    504.3 KB · Views: 58
Yesterday day I picked up my new to me and very first mill. It’s an Index 55.
I’ll have a million questions about n the future. It is sitting in the front of my shop awaiting a good cleaning before being rolled in to position.
It came with some sort of collet Chuck but not have no idea what collets it takes?

Congrats on the mill!

Do you mind if I ask about the 'track-tor' in the background?

-Bear

Purchased a Starrett Pin Punch Set.

Interestingly, the diameters on the punches are undersized as to how they are marked. For example, the one marked "1/4" 6mm" is neither. I measure it to be 0.239". I assume this is intentional???

View attachment 437022
Do not know... but I have the same set... and have had to replace two of them... because, apparently, I am an orangutan when it comes to using them :face slap: ...

EDIT: @682bear answered...

Last edited:
Lee Valley strikes again! I have a project where I need to wangle some pliers into an awkward place so found these NWS combination offset ones. Made in Germany, seem pretty nice, I’m curious to see how they work out. And while I was there I checked out the “Last Chance” sale room and spied three 10” Nicholson files for $25. Most of my Nicholsons are old so these will be my first experience with the Made in Mexico ones. We’ll see how these do as well but the price was pretty good regardless.

-frank

1676065941117.jpeg

Lee Valley strikes again! I have a project where I need to wangle some pliers into an awkward place so found these NWS combination offset ones. Made in Germany, seem pretty nice, I’m curious to see how they work out. And while I was there I checked out the “Last Chance” sale room and spied three 10” Nicholson files for $25. Most of my Nicholsons are old so these will be my first experience with the Made in Mexico ones. We’ll see how these do as well but the price was pretty good regardless.

-frank

View attachment 437089
Thanks for posting. I just ordered the files too.

just ordered the files too.
Oh interesting, I didn’t realize they would be available through website as well. I have an actual store (with a door and everything!) near me so just ran out there to get the pliers and saw one last trio of the files in the sale room. Lots of times these are “one of” damaged items and/or close out stock remnants not necessarily in all stores but I guess these are from a larger buy. Glad you scooped some!

Back