What Did You Buy Today?

Someone said "other formulas are hazardous". ???
That was me, and I mis-spoke. All of the Halon formulas have been banned for new applications since 1989, but existing systems could continue tome operated. The EPA does allow for importing & exporting of Halon, but only through their controlled program, and the total annual quantities are low.

New Fire Suppression Systems for critical areas like computer rooms & file rooms typically use FM-200 (if you want the formula, just search for "FM-200"), which is still a controlled gas since it does damage the ozone layer, just not as much as Halon. There are other alternatives, but many sources indicate the altehrantives to FM-200 are not as effective and are significantly more expensive.

My apologies to all, and Merry Christmas.

My Accusize 5" Chuck arrived early!

20231224 Accusize 5in Chuck.jpeg
My guesstimate based on my 4" chuck that I can make this work on my 7x16 was correct: at the Practical Maximum Capacity (2"± Ø), the jaws swing 170mm – close but they clear and give a lot more secure clamping than using using the outside jaws on my 4" (17mm vs. 7mm). My backing plate will be waiting for me at Cabin Fever.

I’ve been keeping an eye out for a nice surface grinder with auto feed for several years. This guy popped up on Craigslist. 660 mile round trip and it's home.

Reid 618P. Fully automatic (electrical mechanical, no hydraulics) table feed, auto oiler, coolant system.

1703449156487.png

I bought a new 6" 3Jaw chuck for my SQ6230 Herless Lathe. Way more accurate than the worn one it has replaced. Also purchased a new welding cable for the Mig, won't see that till the new year. Old cable has worn the liner out for the 3rd time.

Looks like a K&T 3k vertical?

K&T 4H.

b053a772f3240b666a36038bdba85594.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ce181e4fc9f1279398155d3930154faf.jpg

Back