What Did You Buy Today?

Ordered some 3 and 7 conductor shielded cables for controls wiring for my soon (?) to come PM-1340, a 2K Potentiometer, a 10 pack of Class CC fast fuses, and an 8" Master Precision 0.0002" over 10" level.

The buying never ends.

I also recently received some Shars Indexible face mills, and APKT Inserts for aluminum and ferrous.

Last edited:
After discovering such a thing existed in a thread on making a proportional scale divider, I ordered this one on Amazon. It is hard to believe something this nice can be sold for only $25, I probably couldn't have bought the materials for that and doubt I could have made it any better.

1631898657084.png

Just showed up on the brown truck.
The 1st one which had a big crack in it came last week.
Little Machine Shop sent another and a return label to return the 1st one.
This one looks good.View attachment 378809
I love the idea of these, but am concerned about the magnets. My lathe has become magnetized. Not sure I want my mill to join it.

I love the idea of these, but am concerned about the magnets. My lathe has become magnetized. Not sure I want my mill to join it.
that's kind of normal on a mill. I made a demagnetizer for my drill press. I demag tooling. It could easily work on your lathe, just chuck it in a drill and run it around.

give me a few.. I either posted it on here years ago, or I'll have to dig up pics. simple to make. works like a charm.. not my idea though, just my implementation.

20190719_154138.jpg
here's mine... some plastic, and an aluminum shaft.

See:
for how to make one.

I gotta tell you it works great, and it only took a few minutes to make.

Last edited:
After discovering such a thing existed in a thread on making a proportional scale divider, I ordered this one on Amazon. It is hard to believe something this nice can be sold for only $25, I probably couldn't have bought the materials for that and doubt I could have made it any better.

View attachment 378810
For drawing?

that's kind of normal on a mill. I made a demagnetizer for my drill press. I demag tooling. It could easily work on your lathe, just chuck it in a drill and run it around.

give me a few.. I either posted it on here years ago, or I'll have to dig up pics. simple to make. works like a charm.. not my idea though, just my implementation.
I really need a decent chip shield. But as I said, at times, on the lathe it is just too magnetized. I had bought a little demagnetizer, but it doesn't work well. It does demagnetize slightly, but there's a lot of residual magnetism left.

Back