Yet another mill I just started looking at but this one is diffrent

I think you're right that it's a universal.

That changes my opinion since it can definitely do more stuff. Gotta ask dad....

John
does universal just mean it can rotate? because im fairly sure it can. I just need to work up the courage to ask my dad... maybe I should make a slide presentation of why its a good idea

Yes, universal mills have tables that rotate which lets you cut cool stuff like helical gears I believe.

John

How about put it to your Dad that this is a potential valuable asset that with a little assistance can be of mutual benefit?
Being a Dad is damn hard work. You have to try and guide your get to being able to make good decisions as they grow and yet stand back and let them make mistakes. Pretty sure he will help.
You mentioned you are 18? ****e! I wish I was 18, 8 foot and bulletproof like I used to be.

The machine looks good and there is nothing as satisfying as a good road trip adventure. Pull out the chocks and have at it.
I suggest getting as much information about the mill as you can so you can plan accordingly.

Yes, universal mills have tables that rotate which lets you cut cool stuff like helical gears I believe.

John
wait I didnt realize that it is.... well dang now I really want it. I thought it meant the vert head could rotate not the whole freaking table. I already have a universal dividing head thats like 150 pounds and huge so that would totally be possible. but the really really important part. HOW THE HECK DO I CONVINCE MY DAD I NEED IT???

im trying to think of things I have that I can tell him ill get rid of so its a net positive floor gain

Well, if the Bridgeport is worn out and this one isn't. Seeing that it does have a vertical head, and people are always buying Bridgeports....

Back