How many people are waiting on their new PM lathes...

Do not store your chemicals in the shed. Get a plastic thingy mobob and store them outside. They will rust your lathe. I had enough of inside shed storage, and I don't even have my lathe in the shed. It rusts all ferrous metal, and etched non-ferrous metals.
I actually have a large steel locker I keep my hazmat in. Its outside, just behind the shed. Habit I got into in the Airforce. All POL is stored in a separate metal container in case of fire.

Have a separate smaller one in the heated garage for things (like paint) that can't be allowed to freeze.

Last edited:
Well, I haven't ordered my PM-1660TL yet since we are just getting ready to build the new garage/workshop. I wonder if I should think about ordering now so that delivery would coincide with completion of construction? If you are not ready to take delivery does your unit go to the next buyer on the list? Or will they hold it?
You dog. That is a sweet lathe.
New shop, new lathe.
You suck dude.

I Agee there; I have a proper flammables cabinet too!

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

I joined the list as of June 6th. 1440 -2SMV. I think I got the last one for the shipment that's due in late August. Hopefully something new shows up here late August early September.

E6D17581-3CF3-40C7-8D8D-527B9417EF58.jpeg

Mine came in today. Now to get the VFD installed. Going to be a lot of work.

Ugh,...sympathies. My 1340GT purchase was based on availability in May 2020.

I was just reading that there are over 200 ships stranded at the Panama Canal. That can't help on getting a new machine in a timely manner.

Back