It's cold up here now...

Love the snow. as a kid it was always fun, as an adult skiing was great when it was natural snow. Always looks nice in the winter with snow. Love taking the dog out for a romp .. He loves rolling and burying his face in it. What's not to like?

Did Texas fix its electrical grid issues?
No. They do not want to be connected to the national grid. Supposedly they passed some legislation, but that does not exactly translate into power in the wires.

"not exactly???"
Well, legislation to fix something and actually accomplishing the fixes are not necessarily congruent. I believe they want to fix it. That being said, I also believe that they do not want to be connected to the national grid. It is quite interesting when you look into the national grid system and how it works.

About 2AM I wake up and the furnace fan is running and running......hmmmmm. It's time to get up and investigate so
take a look out the kitchen window to see the light on the boiler telling me it probably needs wood. Also looking out the
window I see my glass thermometer is reading exactly 25 below zero F. Outside the wind is blowing from the northwest
making a nasty wind chill of -50 or so. The stove was down to a few coals but enough to get a fire going so I found some
real dry poplar wood to get things going and piled in a load of ash, oak and birch and shut the door. It takes about twenty
minutes to heat about 100 gallons of water from 125 degrees to 180 degrees with good wood. Crunch, crunch, crunch
in the snow back to the house and back to bed.

View attachment 474224

I use a computer program called windy.com and see the well below zero cold stretches south all the
way to Oklahoma! There is a ton of information on windy.com!
Here it in the 50's next week in mid 60's.

Then start warming

Dave

Getting spicy here in Md !

Attachments

• Md spice salt truck.jpg
    Md spice salt truck.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 8

Loved watching this where my father and family lived long ago .

Back