Picked this Logan up today

It's all good. I was just poking fun at your reply.

Here is a short pictorial of where I am on my Logan 1922. The pictures make it look like there is still rust, but it is actually just the discoloration in the metal that make it look like this. All I have left is the stand and the motor assy and then I can put it back together. Oh yea, I still have to make room for it.

Lathe2.jpg loganbedl2.jpg loganbedr2.jpg Loganparts2.jpg

Hey Shaun, thanks for the update. She's looking pretty good. You are doing a really nice job. I am almost getting as excited as you to get her back together. Keep up the good work.

Definitely some progress being made! You folks in AZ are about the only ones who get to paint this time of year :)

The more I look at that lathe, the bigger of an A-hole I feel.....

Good job!

I'm looking forward to seeing it finished, I've pulled some of mine appart but that's about it.

To start with, you break it down into manageable pieces. Then find containers that fit them closely. You can also use plastic to reduce the volume surrounding the part.

I was struggling trying to find something to submerge rifle barrels in that didn't take GALLONS of ER. That's when I rediscovered the handiness of PVC tubing. Cap off one end, stand it on end and fill with ER then hang the barrel(or whatever) in the tube.

Not really practical for the ways but thought I would post it as an example.

Wow, you are really making quick work of this restoration. It's going to be beautiful once she's back together.

Shawn
I was thinking the same thing.... Most guys would still be figuring out how to get it off the truck. :thinking:

I've heard (never tried it myself) that taking a small submersible pump and having it make a "waterfall" of evaporust over a large part works. Not quite submerging the part, but you get the contact time and you only need enough to keep the pump primed.

I was struggling trying to find something to submerge rifle barrels in that didn't take GALLONS of ER. That's when I rediscovered the handiness of PVC tubing. Cap off one end, stand it on end and fill with ER then hang the barrel(or whatever) in the tube.

Not really practical for the ways but thought I would post it as an example.

I took a piece of PVC and cut a strip out end to end the width of the way. I put a cap on both ends and let it dry overnight. I put one way init and filled it with ER, it took less than a gallon. I left it overnight and then submerged the other side in it. It worked perfectly.

Back