PM-1440TL shipping mishap

Only as sure as the public data on the vessel finder link above. I didn’t spring for a satellite tracking membership.
I was jokingly refuring to freight ship getting broadside in the canal a while back. But I am sure everything will go smooth with your shipment.

My stomach dropped when I read your post. I feel really bad for you.
My stomach really dropped last week when my Eisen 1340 GHE lathe was delivered. This is what I found inside the crate. Needless to say it went right back on the truck. I now truly feel your pain!
20210605_120114.jpg
20210605_120542.jpg
20210605_120021.jpg
20210605_120350.jpg
20210605_120018.jpg

My stomach really dropped last week when my Eisen 1340 GHE lathe was delivered. This is what I found inside the crate. Needless to say it went right back on the truck. I now truly feel your pain!
Holy Moley. That's a LOT of damage. Like fell off the truck and run over by a bus damage. And that's one of 3 whole lathes delivered in North America this year.

No one from the delivery company said anything?
Nope. Roadrunner was the freight company from California to Wa state. Then they handed it off to Elder Logistics for final delivery which I'm certain is where the damage occurred. They showed up with just the two boxes for the stand. The lathe wasn't even on the truck and the joining plate for the stand was missing too. I told the driver there should be a crate with the delivery so he called back to the office to see what was up. They sent him a photo of my stuff exactly how it was delivered to them from Roadrunner and the crate looked just fine. So they deliver the lathe body the next day and the first thing I see is crate damage and what looked like their attempt to add extra boards and nail it back together. I pulled the top off and found all the damage. There was also oil everywhere so I think it was tumbled on to its side at some point. What's strange is when I was loading it back on to the truck I noticed there were small potted plants all smashed into the underside of the pallet part of the crate. I'm not sure what happened to that poor lathe but I wanted nothing to do with it so back it went.

The fact that they tried to patch it and get away with it just makes me angry.
I understand accidents happen but a little effort would be expected. They are cashing the paychecks I assume.
Too bad man, I feel awful for you guys.

Back