Central machinery 12x36 lathe wiring

You're not getting any contactor sound at all? Fuse must be out
Pull it and test it with your meter on ohms or beep mode

Last edited:
Only thing I did different is I have a wire from m5 to t2 on right contactor because I do not have a wire to terminal 7, m6 is not connected to anything, on motor side m5 is connected to 8 from the motor, I have v to 4 on motor and have u to 1, and 2,3 and 5 and are tied together

Attachments

• IMG_4531.jpeg
    IMG_4531.jpeg
    532.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4530.jpeg
    IMG_4530.jpeg
    533.7 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
No clack from the contactors? Just crickets?
Check for voltage from x3 of the transformer to left side of fuse (wire #1)
Motor:
V to 4
U to 1
M5 to 8
2,3,5 tied together
should be good
Check terminal strip TB-5 (now the M5 connection) it should have a single wire- looks like an extra wire there that shouldn't be there
TB-5 used to be M6 so maybe there's a leftover

Last edited:
No voltage from x3 to left side of fuse, the power light does not light up either

Fuse is blown, even though it may look ok
Replace the fuse and fix that item on TB-5, and you should be rolling

Last edited:
I did try a new fuse and still nothing, the old one tested fine too, I have to be missing something somewhere

A there was a 5amp fuse in there, does that seem correct to you

Hmm- that's weird. You said you have voltage at the transformer, but not at left end of fuse.
If fuse is good then voltage should be there.
Maybe the wire from the transformer to right side of fuse is loose or something. Maybe a bad crimp. Corroded lug maybe.
Put one meter probe on x3 and with the other probe go from x1 down to the right side of fuse then to left side of fuse
At some point the voltage should disappear, and you'll locate the problem.

Be careful, as always
The OEM fuse was probably 1 or 2 amp but someone put 5 cuz that's all they had

Definitely fix the TB-5 thing before you try to run the motor again- potential short there

Last edited:
Back